Child Advocacy Center are created to enhance the intervention, investigation and prosecution of child sexual abuse, physical abuse, sexual exploitation, and neglect cases, while ensuring the safety, reducing the trauma, and promoting the healing of children and their non-offending family members, using a coordinated multidisciplinary approach in a child friendly, confidential, and neutral setting.
We will accomplish this Mission through:
- FORENSIC INTERVIEWS conducted by detectives in a non-leading, non-suggestive, and developmentally appropriate manner.
- ACCESS to MEDICAL EVALUATIONS, FORENSIC EVIDENCE COLLECTION, and TREATMENT by pediatric medical professionals, who specialize in treating child abuse victims.
- REFERRALS for MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATIONS, and THERAPEUTIC INTERVENTION so that the healing process can begin for child victims and their families.
- VICTIM ADVOCACY to provide support and services for child victims and their families.
- LEGAL REVIEW to ensure that the best services are in place to help the child and to hold the perpetrator of the abuse responsible.
- COMMUNITY AWARENESS PROGRAMS to help identify child abuse and family violence.
- ON-GOING SPECIALIZED TRAINING FOR THE DISCIPLINES – law enforcement, child protective services, medical, mental health, and legal professionals.